Careers at the Lottery
Join a winning team! At the New Mexico Lottery, we’re not just coworkers, we are family.
We offer great benefits!
- Annual Leave – PLUS, if you have 15 or more years of governmental experience you will be eligible to begin accruing 7.7 hours of annual leave biweekly.
- Sick Leave
- 10 Paid Holidays/Year
- Health & Vision Insurance (90% employer paid coverage for employee)
- Dental Insurance (75% employer paid for employee)
- Life Insurance $50,000 (100% employer paid for employee)
- ST and LT Disabiltiy (100% employer paid coverage for employee)
- Retirement – Employer contribution 13.25% of annual compensation. No vesting requirements.
- 457(b) employee contribution available
- Flexible Schedules
- Training Opportunities
- Professional Memberships
- Casual Dress
- Fun Work Environment
- And so much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENT (Full Time)
Salary Range: $37,659 – $64,021
Responsibilities: Job duties include, but are not limited to, (1) conducting criminal, administrative and background security investigations; (2) providing facility security and management to ensure the honesty, fairness, integrity and security of the New Mexico Lottery Authority; (3) administering the security policies, procedures, rules and systems under the general direction of the Deputy Director of Security and/or Executive Vice President for Security and Enforcement. Must be willing and available to be on-call when necessary.
Qualifications: Must have current New Mexico Peace Officer Certification with skills, knowledge and one-year experience in law enforcement procedures and techniques. Must be qualified to carry a firearm. Must be able to pass an extensive background check and be able to work in a high security and confidential environment.
IT SYSTEMS MANAGER
Salary Range: $50,125 – $85,212
Responsibilities: Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the Director of Information Technology with various ongoing or special technology products.
- Supervises the installation and configuration of software, hardware, and networks.
- Assists in managing network servers and technology tools.
- Monitors system performance and troubleshoots server, firewall, etc. issues.
- Conducts ongoing analyses of systems to determine if components meet the organization’s needs and recommends upgrades or updates as needed.
- Develops and recommends plans to safeguard digital data from accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Proactively works to discover vulnerabilities in information systems.
- Performs risk assessments and tests to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and activities.
- Facilitates penetration testing and any other third-party testing.
- Performs or facilitates updates to virus protection systems.
- Assists with access management including network access, passwords and authentication, financial software permissions, and user groups and roles.
- Cross trains and serves as a backup for the Director of Information Technology and other members of the IT division as needed.
- Stays current on trends and regularly researches new technologies and threats.
- Provides communications and training to Lottery staff as needed to promote technology comprehension and information security awareness.
- Highly developed technical and professional knowledge of information systems and network infrastructure,
- Thorough understanding of computer security systems including firewalls, encryption, and password protection authentication.
- Must possess highly developed problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Must have the judgement and decision-making capabilities to work independently without constant direct supervision from management.
- Must possess and practice those traits and qualities that foster and maintain cordial and professional working relationships which further cooperative efforts toward individual and organizational goals and objectives.
Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field is required. Sufficient prior work experience is required.
Apply Now! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All selected candidates for positions with the New Mexico Lottery must undergo background screening which includes: Fingerprinting, drug screening, criminal history, verification of education, professional employment references, driving record (if required for the positions). Background processing can take up to three weeks.