Ticket Sales for Today’s Drawing End at 8 p.m. MT
ALBUQUERQUE – The jackpot in tonight’s Powerball drawing is $400 million, the game’s fourth-largest prize ever. The jackpot’s cash option is $223.6 million.
New Mexico Lottery players have until 8 p.m. MT to buy tickets for today’s drawing at 8:59 p.m.
Above: Glenn Farnsworth, winner of $1 million Powerball® prize
The record Powerball jackpot is $590.5 million. It was won in May by a player in Florida.
The world record jackpot of $656 million is from the Mega Millions® game from March 2012. It was shared by players in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland.
New Mexico’s record Powerball jackpot is $206.9 million. It was won by a pool of nine players from the Roswell area in September 2008.
- Glenn Farnsworth of Albuquerque won $1 million in the Sept. 7 drawing;
- John Baker of Albuquerque won $2 million in March;
- Lisa Woodruff of Hobbs won $2 million in November 2012;
- Marjorie McDaniel of Farmington won $1 million in November 2012;
- Michael Vigil of Santa Fe won $1 million in September 2012;
- Justin Laugherty of Las Cruces won $1 million in August 2012;
- James Larson of Albuquerque won $1 million in April 2012;
- Patrick and Sharon Yazzie of Chinle, Ariz. won $1 million in March 2012;
- Larry and Cynthia Martinez of Blanco won $1 million in January 2012.
How to Play Powerball
Powerball is played in 45 lotteries. Players choose five numbers from 1 to 59 and one Powerball number from 1 to 35. Players can also ask for a “quick pick,” a set of numbers chosen randomly by the lottery’s gaming system. Each wager costs $2.
In addition to the jackpot, there are eight prize levels from $4 to $1 million. The game’s Power Play® option multiples non-jackpot prizes and will double the $1 million prize to $2 million automatically. Power Play costs an additional $1 per play per drawing.
Legislative Lottery Scholarships
All profits from the sale of New Mexico Lottery games fund an in-state college tuition assistance program. Since 1996, the New Mexico Lottery has raised $576 million for education and more than 82,600 students have attended college on Legislative Lottery Scholarships. More information about Legislative Lottery Scholarships is available at www.nmlottery.com.