ALBUQUERQUE – The Hot Lotto® game, currently played in 14 states, will hold its last drawing at the end of October.
David Barden, New Mexico Lottery CEO said, “The Hot Lotto draw game is ending on October 28th. After reviewing the game’s sales performance over the past decade and seeing a continual decline despite numerous game updates, the Hot Lotto game group is ending Hot Lotto. Our players are looking for new and exciting games, and the Lottery is always working to meet this challenge. There is good news with this change, as we plan to introduce a new $1 multi-state draw game later this year that the lottery thinks players will be excited to play.”
Hot Lotto sales began in New Mexico on November 12, 2006. Drawings are held Wednesday and Saturday, the same nights as Powerball®. Tickets cost $1 per play; $2 with Sizzler, a non-jackpot prize multiplier. Jackpots start at $1 million and grow until won.
To date, New Mexico Lottery players have won more than $23.6 million playing Hot Lotto, including six Hot Lotto jackpots:
- Edward Boyd of Farmington claimed one half of a $2 million jackpot shared with a player in Minnesota in August 2007.
- David C. Fort of Albuquerque won a $5.6 million jackpot in February 2008.
- Aurbra King of Elida won a $1.1 million jackpot in November 2009.
- Bill and Janet Swann of Ruidoso and daughters Lisa Swann and Stacey Swann of Austin, Texas won a $3.54 million jackpot in January 2010.
- Robert Platt of Albuquerque won a $1.54 million jackpot in April 2012.
- Doug and Roberta Barnard of Rio Rancho won a $7.6 million jackpot in August 2013.
New Mexico Lottery players have 90 days from the date of the drawing (or the first business day after the 90th day if the Lottery is not open for business) to claim their drawing game prize(s).
Legislative Lottery Scholarships
Since 1996, the New Mexico Lottery has raised $738.7 million for education and more than 109,000 students have attended college on Legislative Lottery Scholarships.
More information about Legislative Lottery Scholarships is available at http://www.nmlottery.com.
Follow the New Mexico Lottery on Facebook (www.facebook.com/nmlottery).