ALBUQUERQUE – A lucky New Mexico Lottery Powerball player is holding a ticket worth $1 Million from the Wednesday, October 21 Powerball drawing.
- The lucky player matched the white ball numbers of 30, 32, 42, 56 and 57.
- The ticket missed the red Powerball of 11 to land the night’s jackpot of $90 Million.
- The $1 Million prize must be claimed in person at lottery headquarters in Albuquerque.
- Prizes from New Mexico Lottery games must be claimed within 90 days.
- All players are encouraged to sign their tickets immediately after purchase.
Powerball Jackpot Winners in New Mexico
New Mexico players have won five Powerball jackpots since the New Mexico Lottery joined Powerball in 1996. Jackpot winners include:
- 14 employees from Sandia National Laboratory in Albuquerque, $131 million (2000)
- Isabell and Rafael Delgado, Las Cruces, $32 million (2002)
- John San Cartier of Albuquerque, $93.4 million (2005)
- Felipe Piña of Los Ojos, $62.8 million (2007)
- A group of nine players from the Roswell area, $206.9 million (2008)
Powerball is currently played in 44 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Legislative Lottery Scholarships
Since 1996, the New Mexico Lottery has raised $660 million for education and more than 97,000 students have attended college on Legislative Lottery Scholarships.
More information about Legislative Lottery Scholarships is available on the Legislative Lottery Scholarship page.