Players Invited to ‘Lucky Landmark’ Ceremonies
ALBUQUERQUE – The New Mexico Lottery will recognize two Albuquerque stores as “Lucky Landmarks” for selling tickets that brought players a $1.54 million Hot Lotto jackpot and a $1 million Powerball prize in the games’ April 14 drawings.
The public is invited to attend the ceremonies, which will include refreshments and prize drawings.
Tomorrow between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., the lottery will honor the 7-Eleven Store No. 57720 located at 7525 Montgomery Blvd. where Albuquerque resident Robert Platt bought a Hot Lotto ticket that landed a $1.54 million jackpot.
Beating odds of 1 in nearly 11 million, Platt became New Mexico’s fifth winner of a Hot Lotto jackpot. His quick-pick ticket matched the winning numbers of 7, 16, 18, 32, 35 and the Hot Ball of 8.
Giant Store No. 27 Ceremony
Friday between 4 and 6 p.m., the lottery will honor Giant Station No. 27 located at 6104 Academy Road NE for selling a quick-pick Powerball ticket worth $1 million to James Larson.
Larson, also of Albuquerque, matched the white ball numbers of 14, 15, 16, 19 and 24 to win New Mexico’s third $1 million Powerball prize since the game increased prizes in January. Previously, the prize for matching five white balls was $200,000.
New Mexico Lottery CEO Tom Romero said the two stores have helped make people’s dreams come true.
“The 7-Eleven and Giant Store No. 27 have brought much good fortune to both players and to our state’s college-bound students,” Romero said. “The entire state is grateful for their contributions to the Legislative Lottery Scholarship program and the state’s goal of putting higher education within reach of more people.”
Lottery Honors Albuquerque Stores as ‘Lucky Landmarks’
New Mexico Lottery Fun Facts
- Five Powerball jackpots have been won in New Mexico;
- New Mexico’s record Powerball jackpot of $206.9 million was won by a pool of nine players from Roswell in September 2008;
- Five Hot Lotto jackpots have been won in New Mexico;
- New Mexico’s record Hot Lotto jackpot of $5.6 million was won by David C. Fort from Albuquerque in February 2008;
- New Mexico Lottery prizes from drawing games and Scratchers™ total $1.03 billion; while Powerball players in New Mexico have purchased $610 million in tickets, they have won the larger sum of $650 million in prizes;
- 38 people have become millionaires playing New Mexico Lottery games.
Legislative Lottery Scholarships
Since its inception in April 1996, the lottery has raised $522.6 million for education and more than 75,300 students have attended college on Legislative Lottery Scholarships.
As of the Spring 2011 semester, 23,000 students from Bernalillo County have received $143.3 million in Legislative Lottery Scholarships.
Follow the New Mexico Lottery on Facebook and YouTube.