007™ JAMES BOND FAQs
007™ Scratchers and JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge
Frequently Asked Questions
For detailed information about the promotion, please see the Drawing Rules.
Promotion and Rules are subject to change.
About Entries and Tickets
Q: How does the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion work?
A: Go to My Rewards and follow these steps:
- Sign in to your My Rewards account (or sign up for one, it’s free!)
- Go to the Enter Tickets tab to enter your New Mexico Lottery Authority (NMLA) Game #378 non-winning Scratchers.
- Play the interactive game to reveal your entries for the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion Drawing (you can skip the game and you will still receive your entries).
- The Entry(s) will be automatically entered in the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion Drawing.
Q: Which instant tickets are eligible for the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion Second-Chance drawing?
A: Only non-winning NMLA 007™, Game #378, tickets are eligible for the Promotion drawing and the opportunity to play the interactive game.
Q: If I have a winning 007™ Scratcher, what is the Last Day to Claim a prize?
A: The Last Day to Claim a prize is ninety (90) days after the Announced End of the Game. This date will be posted at Lottery Retailers and on the NMLA website.
Q: Can I enter the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion more than one time?
A: Yes, you may enter the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion as many times as you wish. Please note, players may enter up to fifty (50) tickets per day in My Rewards. Each non-winning ticket from 007™ may only be entered one time.
Q: How can I be sure that my entry has been submitted?
A: When you submit an entry, a record of it appears on the My Entries Page. There are multiple tabs on this page. Look for the one that shows 007™ JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Entries.
Q: Can I mail in my Scratchers to enter the Promotion Drawing?
A: No, only internet entries (via desktop computer or mobile device) are allowed in this promotion. Tickets submitted by any other method will be disqualified.
Q: Do I need to keep my Scratchers after entering them into the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion?
A: No, you do not need to keep your Scratchers after verifying that your entry has been submitted.
Q: How do I play the 007™ JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Interactive game?
A: Enter any non-winning NMLA 007™, Game #378, Scratcher in My Rewards to play the interactive game for entries into the Promotion Drawing. How to Play instructions are found on the Promotions page at My Rewards under the JAMES BOND™ More Info button.
Q: How many entries do I get for each 007™ non-winning Scratcher entered?
A: Players will receive the number of entries (5-25) displayed by either playing the interactive game or choosing not to play. The number of entries is predetermined, so players do not need to play the game to get their entries. The interactive game is just for fun.
Q: Do I have to play the interactive game to get entries into the two Second-Chance Promotional drawings?
A: No, you may opt out of the game and your entries for the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion will automatically be revealed. The interactive game is just for fun.
Q: What are my chances of winning a prize in the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion?
A: Your odds of winning are based on the total number of entries received for the drawing and the total number of entries that you have submitted.
Q: How will I be notified if my entry is selected for the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion?
A: If your entry is selected, the New Mexico Lottery will contact you via email and/or by phone.
Q: When is the drawing for the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Trip Prize?
A: The last day to enter the promotion is Monday, May 3, 2021. The drawing date is Thursday, May 6, 2021.
About the Trip
Q: Is the prize transferable?
A: No prize element substitution, cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of the Trip Prize is permitted.
Q: Can I assign a proxy?
A: At the discretion of the New Mexico Lottery or Scientific Games, a proxy may be appointed to represent the winner. The winner may pre-designate a proxy to participate in the event on his or her behalf. A proxy must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Q: What if I win and cannot take the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion trip? Is there a cash option?
A: You can assign a proxy to represent you. Any cash winnings will be awarded to you. There is no cash option available for the trip.
Q: When will the trip take place?
A: The trip is tentatively scheduled for the summer of 2021.
Q: How old do I have to be to participate in the Promotion?
A: You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to participate in the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Promotion. However, the age requirement to check into a hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada is twenty-one (21). To play the New Mexico Lottery, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Q: What does the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge Trip include?
A: The trip includes:
- Five (5) day, four (4) night trip for two (2) people to Las Vegas, NV, tentatively scheduled for the summer of 2021;
- Roundtrip coach-class airfare for two (2) people (two (2) seats) from the major airport nearest the winner’s city to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas;
- Ground transfers between McCarran International Airport and the destination hotel and between SGI hosted events, if such transportation is at least reasonably required;
- Four (4) nights’ hotel accommodations in Las Vegas (one (1) double occupancy hotel room and tax only);
- One thousand dollars ($1,000) spending money for the Trip Prize winner (Winner);
- Admission to the JAMES BOND™ Lottery Challenge (Event) venue for the Winner and guest;
- The Winner (or assigned proxy) shall have one (1) chance to participate in four (4) rounds of the Event together with winners from other participating lottery jurisdictions. ROUND 1 is expected to have cash prizes of up to $1,000; ROUND 2 is expected to have cash prizes of up to $2,500; ROUND 3 is expected to have cash prizes of up to $10,000; and ROUND 4 is expected to have cash prizes of up to $1,000,000.
- Winner will be mailed Event details prior to the trip departure.
- Winner’s guest may sit with the Winner but will not be eligible to be a participant in the Event, unless they have been designated as a Winner’s proxy.
Q: What is the value of the trip?
A: The trip is valued at approximately seven thousand five hundred ($7,500) dollars including federal and state withholding taxes.
Q: How are federal withholding taxes reported and calculated?
A: The Federal Government requires lottery winnings be reported to the IRS for tax purposes if an individual wins $600 or more. MDI Entertainment LLC will withhold Federal and State taxes on prizes over $5,000 at a rate of 24% for Federal and 6% for State and deposited with the appropriate Agencies and issue W-2Gs in 2022 for the tax year 2021.