| || |
| || ||
POWERBALL FUN FACTS
The Powerball Jackpot has been Won Five Times in New Mexico!
- This is the third largest Powerball jackpot and the fourth largest world jackpot
- Powerball is played in 45 lotteries
- Powerball jackpots start at $40 million
- The current jackpot has rolled 12 times
- The last time the Powerball jackpot was hit was on March 30, 2013. The $50 million prize was won by a lucky player from Illinois.
- Overall odds of winning a prize are one in 31.8
- Odds of winning the jackpot are one in 175 million (175,223,510)
- In addition to the jackpot, there are eight prize levels ranging between $4 and $1 million
- November 30, 2000, $131 million
14 employees from Sandia National Laboratories
February 22, 2002, $32 million
- Robert Adkins
- Cecil Blancett
- Duane Carr
- Ernest Curley
- Nelse De Loach
- Dwayne Hayden
- B. Mark Madrid
- Jeffrey McCullough
- Vernon Valdez
- James Young
- Charles Tabet
- Mary Batson
- Almer Dial
- Felix Silva III
August 19, 2005, $93.4 million
- Isabell and Rafael Delgado, Las Cruces
May 23, 2007, $62.8 million September 27, 2008, $206.9 million
- Master Sergeant John San Cartier, Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque
The "Roswell Fun-Havers"
PLAYING WITH A GROUP
- Carl and Holli Baldwin
- Kevin and Jessica Breedyk
- Ron and Cindy Miller
- Ryan and Nicole Miller
- Randy Miller
Here are some more tips from the Washington Post to keep your lottery pool running smoothly:
- Agree upon the rules. Decide on a buy-in amount and how the winnings would be split (equally or proportional to amount of money played, annual payout vs. cash option, etc.). Oral agreements are okay, but putting it in writing is a safer bet, according to officials.
- Designate a "pool manager" who is responsible for purchasing the tickets and keeping them safe.
- Make photocopies of the purchased tickets for each member of the group.
- Decide if the pool manager would claim the winning ticket or if the entire group wants to claim it. All winners do not need to be present as long as required proof of identification is provided for each person.
| || |
| || |